12.06.2011

Portraits.








Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
I was visiting family this weekend and came across this striking photo set that I had to share. They're actually a part of a larger set of Native American Portraits taken by Edward S. Curtis, called "Knowledge Cards" from The Library of Congress. I was looking through them with my dad which was neat because he was able to accurately tell me which tribe each one was from (without looking at the facts on the back), based on their clothing, beadwork, hairstyle and features. I'm not sure if they're still being sold, I wasn't able to find them anywhere online (so please let me know if you find them). So beautiful..

2 comments:

q said...

These photos are great, where did you get them?

Nome Alone said...

Hi! These photographs, taken by Edward S. Curtis, are from a set of Native American Portraits called "Knowledge Cards" from The Library of Congress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails