12.08.2011

A Seattle Q & A with Sierra Stinson.

Sierra Stinson
Independent curator and a recent new hire at Totokaelo
See her work here and gallery here.

IMG_5893
IMG_5900

1. What trait(s) or characteristic(s) do you get from your grandparents?
My Grandma's Polish nose, bowling skills and sense of humor.
My Grandpa's work ethic.

2. What's the best part about living in the Seattle?
People worship the sun when it's out and we are surrounded by mountains.
There are many brilliant and creative individuals who live here.

3. What do you always carry with you?
My teeth, keys, mixologist license and a pair of earrings. They all come in handy on a daily/weekly basis.

4. If you could have dinner with any deceased author, who and why?
Roald Dahl. He was one of my childhood heroes. I would like to spend most of the conversation making up words and finding their meaning with him. He and Jim Henson died in the same year when I was 5 which struck a cord- I thought all of his books would disappear and Sesame Street would end.

5. Worst food indulgence? (the more secretive the better).
Ice cream inside a buttered tortilla or bananas dipped in powdered sugar-i really should combine these to make the ultimate late night dessert.

6. If Obama were coming to your house for dinner, you would prepare your famous __________. (Include your recipe if you want!)
I don't cook, if I had to make something it would have to be california style veggie burritos. I would make sure my mom was there to discuss our government and what we've done to the land and the people with him.

7. If you had to make rules (like Fight Club), what would rule #1 always be?
Turn off the lights when you leave an empty room.

8. No one knows _______________ about me. (fill in the blank). Make it as serious as you want to.
I am a quarter Anishinaabe.

9. Is the Seattle freeze fictitious? How do you know?
I've lived here on and off for seven years. Every time I returned I would meet new people and my community would shift and expand. I think in any place you have to open up in order to create and develop the community that suits you. I've met most of my current friends and mentors through Vignettes, it took inviting people into my home to break through this so called 'freeze' but it worked pretty well. I would recommend it.

10. Where is the best place to eat dinner?
Musashi for sushi, Presse for the environment, Cafe Flora for the gluten free family mom's out there, Bamboo Garden for take out, and Vitos for the lounge and cocktails.

Some photos from the "Vignettes" gallery.

Vignettes


Thanks Sierra!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails