Textile Artist and Stylist
Portfolio. Blog 1. Blog 2.
1. What trait(s) or characteristic(s) do you get from your grandparents?
My family is German, so I am a natural born Putzfrau. I love to clean and organize.
2. What's the best part about living in the Seattle?
It doesn't really feel like a real city, so you feel like you can do anything. It's very comfortable.
3. What do you always carry with you?
CDG Wallet, YSL Lipstick, Weleda creme, I-phone, keys.
4. If you could have dinner with any deceased author, who and why?
Patrul Rinpoche, for inspiration.
5. Worst food indulgence? (the more secretive the better).
Tim's Jalapeño chips.
6. If Obama were coming to your house for dinner, you would prepare your famous __________. (Include your recipe if you want!)
I'd prepare whatever looked good from the Ballard farmers market. Lately I have been very inspired by these recipes.
7. If you had to make rules (like Fight Club), what would rule #1 always be?
8. No one knows _______________ about me. (fill in the blank). Make it as serious as you want to.
I used to be a lifeguard in Los Angeles.
9. Is the Seattle freeze fictitious? How do you know?
Yes. Because I have more friends here than I do anywhere else and I've only lived here for a year and a half– Seattle is so small. What is true however, is that Seattle IS freezing– the weather here totally blows.
10. Where is the best place to eat dinner?
Besides our house :) Volunteer Park Cafe (for Sunday Suppers), Boat Street, and Sitka and Spruce on Mexican nights.
Some of Ashley's work: