10.27.2011

Reacquainted.

Reacquainted.
Reacquainted.
Reacquainted.
I am getting reacquainted with the hobby of cycling, and more specifically my once loved and now somewhat neglected bikes. It's hard to believe I rode a brakeless track bike on Capitol Hill as well as to and from school every day at the UW in North Seattle. I say that because it's been a while and after riding both of them this week, it was really fun, but also harder than I remembered. Aside from the challenges, I took an unexpected route home yesterday and ended up discovering new trails, pretty views and got that sense of freedom you feel when on a bike that I used to love so much. A little cheesy, but true. Bikes equal fun and adventure! This Ernest Hemingway quote seems to sum it all up:

"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails