9.07.2011

A Seattle Q & A with Andrew Greager.

Andrew Greager
Musician
The Popular Shapes, Bird Language, Scraps, and currently Consignment and Unnatural Helpers

andrew g.
A Seattle Q & A with Andrew Greager.
This is my newest blog feature "A Seattle Q & A." Being born and raised in Seattle, I've come to meet a lot of stylish and unique people, who do a lot of cool things, so I thought I'd ask them some questions.

1. What trait(s) or characteristic(s) do you get from your grandparents?
I get my long winded story telling from my grandpa on my dad's side. My appreciation for a good afternoon cocktail comes from my Nana.

2. What's the best part about living in the Seattle?
I like that Seattle is in Washington State and that we have desert and rain forest and ocean and mountains. Last summer I went on my honeymoon in Thailand and then immediately went on tour out to the east coast during the dog days. I was sweating for 30 straight days and starting to lose my mind. When we got back to Seattle, it FELT SO GOOD.

3. What do you always carry with you?
I have had the wallet that is in my back pocket for over 15 years now.

4. If you could have dinner with any deceased author, who and why?
It's a well known fact that the only book I have ever read is Home Alone 2 Lost in New York. The author of that book, Todd Strasser, is not dead but he should be because he also wrote Y2K-9 (about a dog who gets his 3 chat room friends to save the world). I will take this seriously and say Tolkien. My Dad read his books to my brother and I growing up and it totally fueled my imagination. After a morning round of golf we would eat surf and turf, drink scotch and then go play hobbit.

5. Worst food indulgence? (the more secretive the better).
Air pop popcorn with BUTTER. Then add EXTRA BUTTER. Top it off with a BUNCHA BUTTER.

6. If Obama were coming to your house for dinner, you would prepare your famous __________. (Include your recipe if you want!)
I have impressed at least 2 people with my french toast. I also really love breakfast for dinner and anyone who doesn't should not be president.

RECIPE:
2 eggs
some milk (not too much)
lil vanilla
some cinnamon
serve with some hefty slices of BUTTER.

7. If you had to make rules (like Fight Club), what would rule #1 always be?
No Fighting.

8. No one knows _______________ about me. (fill in the blank). Make it as serious as you want to.
I have stage fright. I really enjoy playing shows but it is always terrifying.

9. Is the Seattle freeze fictitious? How do you know?
It's probably real. It doesn't bother me at all. I am happy to be left alone by someone who might freeze me. I probably freeze myself from time to time. Crappy people with dumb agendas exist everywhere. This town is full of gems and is home to a bunch of my favorite people.

10. Where is the best place to eat dinner?
Across the table from my wife.

Some of Andrew's work:

Unnatural Helpers. Andrew G.
Thanks Andrew!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails