8.09.2011

A Seattle Q & A with Lelah Maupin.

Lelah Maupin
Graphic Designer/Drummer - Tacocat
See more here or here.


Lelah has some good nametags.

Being born and raised in Seattle, I've come to meet a lot of stylish and unique people, who do a lot of cool things.
So I thought I'd ask them some questions.

1. What trait(s) or characteristic(s) do you get from your grandparents?
My aunt has cute feet. She would tell me how much my uncle likes them. Once she said to me, "you have your mother's feet, she's got dad's feet" I never met my bio-grandpa but I guess I have his feet. My grandmother would sleep till noon well after becoming an old person. All her old person friends gave her shit for missing out on stuff. She told them they were missing out. My mother and I are also both super-sleepers.

2. What's the best part about living in the Seattle?
The BEST part for me is all my wonderful friends. The best part in general I suppose is the magical summer weeks.

3. What do you always carry with you?
iPhone. Not a very exciting answer but an honest one. This answer made possible by iPhone.

4. If you could have dinner with any deceased author, who and why?
Hunter S. Thompson I suppose because I'm an illiterate who knows little of authors and, while this response is typical, it is so for a reason.

5. Worst food indulgence? (the more secretive the better).
Mine? AmPm cheeseburgers (or as I like to call them "freshies" cuz they're magical when they're fresh but there is absolutely no way of knowing when that is. I was once blessed with a 4am hella-freshie. I'd gobbled it down by the time I was home. I turned around and got another).

6. If Obama were coming to your house for dinner, you would prepare your famous __________. (Include your recipe if you want!)
I can't really cook so doh. Obama seems down to earth though. So, grilled cheese with tomato, American and cheddar cheese, and really good tomato soup. And the macaroni salad Jordan t Adams' mom makes. I've been meaning to ask her for the recipe. Its AMAZING. when I get it I'll send it to you!

7. If you had to make rules (like Fight Club), what would rule #1 always be?
No boring.

8. No one knows _______________ about me. (fill in the blank). Make it as serious as you want to.
I don't know if there's anything NOBODY knows about me. I sometimes conceal the fact that I was a cheerleader in high school.

9. Is the Seattle freeze fictitious? How do you know?
Its very real. I know because I've lived in Seattle for almost 7 years. And because I tour often. I've been to many many places and met many many faces, comparatively speaking, it's real.

10. Where is the best place to eat dinner?
This is the hardest question. THE BEST? ever? In Seattle? Anywhere? Cook out in North Carolina.

Some photos of Tacocat and Lelah drumming:
tct4484copy
tct4502copy
TacocaT
TacocaT
Tacocat @ Vera
Picture 4
IMG_1100
(Click on photos for sources).
Thanks Lelah!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails