6.01.2011

A Seattle Q & A with Dave Holmes.

Dave Holmes
Musician
The Fall-Outs, Wiretaps, Colabros, and currently Dawn.

daveBlack and white
 (1 of 1)
This is my newest blog feature "A Seattle Q & A." Being born and raised in Seattle, I've come to meet a lot of stylish and unique people, who do a lot of cool things, so I thought I'd ask them some questions.

1. What trait(s) or characteristic(s) do you get from your grandparents?
A deep affection for The Waltons.

2. What's the best part about living in the Seattle?
I like the view from the viaduct. Once it's gone, then I don't know what.

3. What do you always carry with you?
A photo of Dave Ramm and Jesse Steinchen. I don't know why, but it seems like the right thing to do.

4. If you could have dinner with any deceased author, who and why?
Louis-Ferdinand Celine, on account of he wrote two of my favorite books.

5. Worst food indulgence? (the more secretive the better).
Cheetos. But don't tell anyone. If anyone asks, tell them I said "fruits and vegetables".

6. If Obama were coming to your house for dinner, you would prepare your famous __________. (Include your recipe if you want!)
I hardly ever cook, let alone anything I'm famous for. So I'm going to say Cheetos. But if anyone asks, tell them I said "my famous Le Filet de Saumon au Beurre Rouge".

7. If you had to make rules (like Fight Club), what would rule #1 always be?
Be kind to animals.

8. No one knows _______________ about me. (fill in the blank). Make it as serious as you want to.
If I think I've hurt someone's feelings, I can feel bad about it for weeks.

9. Is the Seattle freeze fictitious? How do you know?
I think it's real. But I'm not sure why. I didn't notice until my ex-girlfriend, who wasn't from here, used to point it out all the time. I think a lot of times social discomfort gets mistaken for aloofness.

10. Where is the best place to eat dinner?
Gordito's in Greenwood. I eat there at least twice a week.

Some of Dave's work:
 (24 of 66)
 (38 of 66)

Thanks Dave, you're the best!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails