3.14.2011

A Seattle Q & A with Stacey Rozich.

Stacey Rozich
Illustrator/Designer
See her work here.

Stacey Rozich.
Stacey Rozich.
This is my newest blog feature "A Seattle Q & A." Being born and raised in Seattle, I've come to meet a lot of stylish and unique people, who do a lot of cool things, so I thought I'd ask them some questions.

1. What trait(s) or characteristic(s) do you get from your grandparents?
I never got to meet most of my grandparents except for my dad's mother Ann who is a whopping 91 years old. I definitely get most of my characteristics from his side, which is Croatian. I have my grandmother's super thick hair and Old World Europe work ethic as well as a penchant for cooking hearty foods.

2. What's the best part about living in the Seattle?
The smallness and proximity to different terrains. I've spent a lot of time exploring Western Washington and I plan to spend more time investigating Central and Eastern parts of the state. I grew up here so it's sense of navigation that brings me a nice security.

3. What do you always carry with you?
Sketchbook, hair brush (to maintain said thick hair), wallet, many chapsticks (I'm bound to lose one or all of them), phone and pencil box. Maybe some stray pieces of candy.

4. If you could have dinner with any deceased author, who and why?
Kurt Vonnegut. Oh, the stories he would tell...

5. Worst food indulgence? (the more secretive the better).
Macaroni and Cheese. I'll take them all: Kraft, Annie's, fresh Beecher's from the Market, deli fare, you name it! It will be gone in seconds.

6. If Obama were coming to your house for dinner, you would prepare your famous __________. (Include your recipe if you want!)
I've recently perfected an amazing vegetarian lasagna that had even the most dedicated carnivores coming back for seconds.

7. If you had to make rules (like Fight Club), what would rule #1 always be?
This too shall pass.

8. No one knows _______________ about me. (fill in the blank). Make it as serious as you want to.
I can name almost every song that comes on a classic rock radio station within 10 seconds. It was a mission for my father to give his daughters a love of music and a thorough knowledge of it which he instilled in me by switching radio stations really fast when I was a kid and quizzing me on who the artist was. It may not be the most useful skill, but I still find myself yelling out musicians names in the car.

9. Is the Seattle freeze fictitious? How do you know?
It's real, but not everyone is victim to it. I've found most people from this area are very personable and friendly while a lot transplants give off the freeze. Maybe people are just awkward. I think it's easy for people to settle in their social cliques and neighborhoods without having to broaden their circle; they have their friends and they don't need any more. I think the biggest give-away is when you're standing with someone and another person comes up to say hi to them and doesn't even introduce themselves and avoids all eye-contact with you. It's bizarre how many times I've experienced that. I'm lucky to have a lot of different groups of wonderful friends that is always expanding.

10. Where is the best place to eat dinner?
That is constantly changing for me but right now I'm obsessed with Ballard's Walrus and the Carpenter. If you can get a table (be prepared for an hour wait) it is amazing! I'm an oyster fiend and they do a fantastic job on the quality, presentation and decor.

Some of Stacey's work:
IMG_9106
Goatface_Sm
DayoftheSnakesSMALL
Kochinko_sm
LAShow1
DolceVita3Small
Thanks Stacey!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails